Saturday 2 June 2012

NICU week 5- 2 to go.

This week has been both good and bad. Great for Kayla, bad for us.
Kayla has just been toting along, shes great. Growing like crazy. She is eating and gaining weight like crazy, she is about 5lbs 8oz now, which is great, and she is eating every 3 hours. She was eating ever 4 hours, but they think she hit a growth spurt. She has grown 2cm as well. Her last ultrasound showed that her hepatic mass has shrunk again, which is great, and her GGT test went from 155 to 121, so she is getting better every day. We are on the count down to bring her home. She is done her medication on the 14th of June and needs to have a blood culture done after that, which takes 48 hours, and once that, and the ultrasound come back good, then she can come home. I am not going to predict when though, because every time I do, something happens, so I am just going with the flow.
We, hubs and I, have been so sick with some nasty sinus infection, that we have not been able to see Kayla going on 4 days now, its awful not seeing her. I am heartbroken every day. I with this infection would just eff off.
That's it that's all.


No comments: