Monday 16 January 2012

Playing for team...

PINK!!!

We had our anatomy scan today, 18 weeks and 3 days along. I asked the ultrasound technician to let us know whenever she got there. She did it so non shelontly, I had no idea what I was looking at, and shes says "My guess is a girl". I said, you guess?? Because of lack of boy parts? And she said "Nope, I actually see girl parts". I melted. I am still in shock. A girl?! I have never had a girl before! What am I going to do?! Lol.

As for the other parts of the scan, we also found out that the baby, who should normally have a 3 vessel cord, has a 3 vessel cord, but only 2 are working. They saw a single umbilical artery. This means that we may face some problems later, but then again, we may no. Everything else appreared normal, and thats a good thing. I am being refered for a fetal echocardiography in the near future, and will be getting at least 2 more detailed scans at later dates to be sure that the cord is functioning normally and that the baby remains healthy. For now, I am just going to take it as it comes, I am not concerned yet, not until I have to be, and I am trying my best not to google it so I don't freak out about it.

My cervix today measured 4.3cm. Excellent.

Anyhow, thats all the update I have for now. Baby looks like Chris, lol.


1 comment:

Liz said...

We also have a SUA. If I didn't have a history of hbp and pre-e, our MFM wouldn't even follow us anymore.

Whatever you do, don't google it. Generally everything turns out 100% fine.

I'm a part of this board on Babycenter and it has been invaluable. http://community.babycenter.com/groups/a6699775/single_umbilical_artery_sua_two_vessel_umbilical_cord You should check it out.