Thursday 8 December 2011

Wow Baby, Nuchal scan.

So, we had our 12 week ultrasound and Nuchal scan on December 7th, then an Obsetrician appointment today, December 8th. Lets start with the Nuchal Scan.
My results we beyond amazing at the ultrasound, the baby is 100% healthy and has no indicators for any trisomy issues at all. My risks are actually lower then they were when I was pregnant with Isaac, so amazing! Everything is going magically.

baby had a heartbeat of 153bpm, was 6.2cm long. it has my nose, as all my birthed children do. So amazing to see life like that, that only a few weeks ago he was a little blob on the screen.

More News
I had my obstetrician appointment today, and I got my cerclage date. December 13th, as in this Tuesday! I am in shock and so grateful that my husbands work has been so flexible with all of this. He needs to take 5 days off so I can go on bedrest, and he has been to every single appointment with me. I am incredibly nervous.
For those who don't know, a cervical cerclage is a stitch that hold your cervix together to stop the cervix from opening and the baby essentially falling out of you mid-pregnancy, which is kind of what happened with Alexander. They usually do it later in the second trimester, between 16-19 weeks, but since my loss was at 16/17 weeks and I am already having a teeny bit of funnelling, its time to do it now, rather then later. My wonderful OB will be doing it for me in a OR setting. I will be getting a spinal anaesthetic or general, depending on my blood pressure and my anxiety levels, and have to spend the night in the hospital. I will then be on strict rest for 3 days and on rest for 2 more days afterwards.

Something else we discovered today. I have Pregnancy Induced Hypertension 150/100!!. I have to get a blood pressure monitor and check my bp daily, as well as go on medication for the rest of my pregnancy and possibly beyond. I am not overly concerned, I think it has a lot to do with worry and anxiety over the whole pregnancy. My mind can only block so much I guess.

Isaac is good and as sweet as ever. At the OB's today he was being a bit of a nussense, the doctor gave him something to distract him, and this distraction?? A pap smear stick, the flattish plastic thing they use to do the smear with. He called it his "Magic key"....LOL. I laughed so hard after we left, his magic key.

Anyhow, over and over again, we are so blessed to be having such an amazing pregnancy. I could not thank God enough right now. Its nice to finally be getting a hand up rather then being kicked down.

In other things.
Prayers to Michelle Duggar and family (19 kids and counting) for her recent loss of her child inutero in the 2nd trimester.
And Prayers to my husbands friend Noah, who was recently diagnosed with cancer and is essentially fighting for his life.

No comments: