Saturday 10 March 2012

Can't Seem to Catch a Break

I got out of the hospital on Friday, March 2nd and was feeling great, other then this horrendous pain in my inner thigh/hips from lying down so long. The "feel better" lasted about 2 days, when on Sunday I got this raging chest pain, so bad that hubby called 911, both of us thinking it was heart related. Off to the Foothills we went, again.
Luckily, this time, I was only there for 2 hours, all my blood and heart tests came back normal. The OB oncall said that I may just have soft tissue issues in my back from laying down for so long. They were going to do a chest x-ray but nothing ever came of that.
Tuesday I started getting this nasty cough, it hurt so bad, and I tasted blood every time I would cough. Then my throat got sore, I got a headache, my nose was so stuffed and I started getting a pain in my ears like someone was shoving a burning q-tip in there and this pressure under my ribs and because of the pain I had the past Sunday, everytime my body would ache or I would start sweating, I would have a panic attack. It was awful. I made Hubby take me to the doctor, because the Tylenol cold I was taking was making the baby stay awake in my tummy for hours and hours, poor thing didn't have a break for 12 hours.
So I finally got to the doctors by Friday, and I was checked out. Turns out I have a duel ear infection, sinus infection and likely a chest infection.
After a damn week of IV antibiotics and a 3 days out of hospital prescription that I finished on Monday, I still managed to catch this nasty infection! I am not on Biaxin for 7 days, and last night, after 5 hours of my first dose, i felt so much better. But was still unable to sleep. I am still getting panic attacks, but not as frequent, and the Biaxin doesn't make the baby anxious. Shes quite pleasant today.

On top of it all, Chris went back to work on Thursday, and that was the first night of no sleep and extreme sickness, so I was very much on my own. Taking care of a 3yr old while feeling like you're on deaths door is not fun.

No comments: